Hi, I’m Bonnie. I have a passion for learning and growth and would love to help free and empower you. Although I’ve not progressed as far on this journey of life as some people, I’ve learned some valuable principles that I’d love to teach you.
I was raised in a small Iowa town, where I learned to appreciate the simple things in life. I could be found riding my bike around town, reading down by the river, romping through rain puddles during epic thunderstorms, playing on the trampoline with my four brothers, and spending hours looking up at the stars. As a teen, I studied hard in school, participated on the tennis team and in marching band, and spent the summers detasseling never-ending cornfields with my friends.
I now call the beautiful Utah mountains home. It was here that I met my husband, Jesse. (Ask me later about our disturbing first date experience…or I’ll write a post about it sometime!) We were married in Nauvoo, Illinois (a very special, spiritual place for me) in Dec. 2004. I graduated from Brigham Young University in 2006 with a degree in English Teaching with a Psychology teaching minor. Being a 7th grade English teacher for three years in public schools was an interesting challenge and caused me to grow in many ways. I left public school teaching, probably forever, when my first child was born. My primary occupation of being a mommy brings me immense joy and satisfaction. I have four adorable children: a daughter, age 9, and sons ages 6, 4, and 1.
For years, although I enjoyed being a stay-at-home mom, I felt like I had an itch I couldn’t scratch. I knew there was something more I should be doing, and that I had more of me to give, but I didn’t know how or what I was supposed to do. I served in the community in various ways, including delivering for Meals on Wheels for several years. Finally, in Dec. 2013, the answer literally landed in my lap. I attended a Body Language Show with the training & development company 3 Key Elements, where I was, I thought, a very random and unlikely recipient of a free registration for a valuable training course, The Art of Mentoring. That night, I felt blessed and humbled to know without a doubt what my life mission was to be. Though I felt–and often still feel–wholly inadequate for a mission such as this, I’ve never looked back since.
Although being a mommy requires the bulk of my time and energy, I have taken many opportunities over the past couple years to build my knowledge and skills through various training experiences, as well as mentoring clients on a one-on-one basis. This kind of work energizes me like nothing else I’ve ever done. And I have some big ideas for my future for how to impact many more lives for the better!
Whoever you are, and whether or not I ever meet or talk to you, I wish you a wonderful life full of love, peace, and joy. You are important, and the world needs your unique gifts!
Trainings and Areas of Study
This is a list of some of the various training courses I’ve completed and subjects/authors I’ve studied or am currently studying. I build my collection of mentoring tools by applying what I learn to my own life. This is a living list and will keep on growing as my skills and knowledge grows. I can’t wait to share what I continue to learn with you!
- BA in English Teaching from BYU
- Minor in Psychology Teaching from BYU
- Art of Mentoring training–Kirk Duncan–3 Key Elements (2013 and 2017)
- Mentoring Academy–Ann Washburn–3 Key Elements
- Limitless (Belief Breakthrough and Laws of Conscious Creation)–Kris Krohn (2016 and 2017, both as participant and team leader)
- Limitless Wealth Intensive–Steven Michael Miller
- Limitless Mentor Academy–Kris Krohn
- Master Your Influence (body language training)–Kirk Duncan–3 Key Elements
- Queen of the Kingdom–Kim Duncan–3 Key Elements
- Whole-Life Coaching with Beth Berry–Revolution from Home
- Audio CD trainings collection–Kirk Duncan–3 Key Elements
- Creating Lasting Change course–Tony Robbins (pending)
- Consciousness Engineering with Mindvalley
- NLP (Neurolinguistic Programming) certification–Dr. Steve G. Jones (pending)
- Energy Profiling and Chakra Healing–Carol Tuttle
- Wayne Dyer books and audio recordings
- Learn to Meditate community ed class–Steven Nibley
- Kundalini Yoga Meditation course–Mandi Felici
- Gretchen Rubin’s work on happiness and habits
- Emotional Intelligence Micro Skills–Richard Himmer (pending)
- Law of Attraction Practitioner Certification course–Dr. Joe Vitale (pending)