“We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit.” Aristotle
As the final post in my goals series, I think it’s appropriate to post my own goals for this year. Because I deeply value personal growth (mind, body and spirit), connecting meaningfully with my family, and empowering others, all my goals stem from these overarching objectives. I have a vision of what I want to become, so I state my goals as affirmations in the present tense to bring my reality closer to that of my vision.
- I am craving healthy, nutritious foods, only indulging in treats/desserts once a month.
- I am achieving my ideal weight of 120 pounds by July 1.
- I am exercising for at least 20 minutes daily. (yoga, P90X3, walk/jog)
- I am spending an hour of quality one-on-one time with each child once a week.
- I am having 20 minutes of quality time with my husband every night.
- I am planning the next week’s meals every Saturday.
- I am involving my children in family history and journaling every Sunday.
- I am traveling to Destin, Florida with my husband and/or children in September.
- I am holding a mentoring appointment every week by Dec. 1.
- I am posting to my blog at least 3 times each month.
- I am spending at least 2 hours a week in training or study.
- I am meditating every morning for 180 days straight.
- I am using empowerment tools every morning and evening (vision board, declarations, goals review, etc.)
- I am writing in my journal every evening.
- I am reading scriptures every morning and memorizing one scripture every week.
I’m far from making most of these goals life habits, and I know it will be a constant challenge, but I want to keep striving. I aim for improvement, not perfection, so I don’t beat myself up for falling short. Posting these goals here is my way of shouting them to the world, which will make it more likely that I achieve them.
What goals do you have for yourself this year? Are any of them similar to any of mine? I’d love to see what changes you’re striving to make. Shout them out in the comments section!